• Summerjack - My Story

Hi all,

I'm summer,

I'm 26 years old and have suffered with ME/CFS for just over 2 years and would like to share my story with other sufferers. It first began just over 2 years ago after having a bad virus which put me in bed for almost 2 weeks. After that I have just had health problems after health problems. The main symptoms to begin with of my ME/CFS was getting tired easily, flu like symptoms, swollen glands and aching sore joints and muscles. I had to stop my work as a nurse and began to take things a lot easier as I realised that my body could not do normal daily activities and with me having 2 children, I had to save my energy for them. For the first year I managed well and had some days where I felt really good and would be able to go for lunch with friends and take the kids to the park but had to rest in the evening.

My partner and I planned to get married and I found that trying to organise a wedding made me very poorly and I had a major relapse. For the past 10 months I have got a lot worse and now experience chronic symptoms most days which include extreme fatigue, twitching muscles, headaches, flu like symptoms, fever, pain all over my body, numbness, tingling and brain fog and most of all involuntary movements which I find to be very scary. Before I was diagnosed with ME/CFS I was told it could have been MS. I'm so glad I joined here as I have met some fantastic people and feel that Foggy Friends is such a fantastic organisation. I'm still hoping that one day I will return to normal life and go back to work. In the meantime I will remain to take it easy.

Chin up everybody, we are all here to support each other x